Tuesday, November 22, 2011

30 Days of Thankfulness

Day 1: I am thankful that I am able to work part time at a job that I love and that I get extra time at home with my little loves.

Day 2: I am thankful for Noah, who teaches me something new every day; who, at the age of 7 has a bigger vocabulary than I do, and who keeps me laughing with his quirky sense of humor and his spot on deadpan delivery.

Day 3: I am thankful for my sweet little Ella; my biggest helper, the family peacemaker, and my fashion stylist. She makes friends wherever she goes, her beautiful smile lights up a room, and I am thankful every day that I get to be her mommy.

Day 4: I am thankful for Eli, my little love. I adore his little belly laugh and his snuggles. And I am thankful that he loves his sleep as much as I do.

Day 5: I am thankful for Seth, a wonderful husband and daddy. I may complain a lot that he is gone at work so much, but I really am thankful that he is hardworking and takes such good care of his family.

Day 6: I am thankful for the much needed extra hour of sleep and for the fact that my children participated in Daylight Savings Time this year.

Day 7: I am thankful for my parents, Mary and Tim for always supporting me, teaching me to be hardworking, responsible, and honest, and for being terrific grandparents to my kiddos.

Day 8: I am thankful that the repairs to I-680 were finished a year ahead of what they were expected to be and that my commute to work is much more pleasant.

Day 9: Today I am thankful that I have amazing friends who make me laugh, help me with all my "issues", and agree to do crazy things like Trek Up the Tower!!!! :)

Day 10: I am thankful for my brothers. Ryan, for always being up for a philosophical debate about any topic under the sun; and Jeff, for making me laugh with his neverending craziness. And both of them for putting up with me as an older sister!!

Day 11: I am thankful for the veterans who have served our country, especially my dad and my father in law, and for all those who are currently fighting for our freedom.

Day 12: I am thankful for my wonderful in laws, Grandma Jolene and Grandpa Donnie. They are always supportive and helpful, and they are terrific grandparents. And I thank them for raising a wonderful son who I am lucky to have for a husband.

Day 13: I am thankful that someone finally told the lady a few pews ahead of us in church this morning that she had a giant leaf stuck in her hair because I could not stop laughing and I felt like a hypocrite telling Noah to be appropriate when I was laughing so hard I was crying every time I looked up at leaf head.

Day 14: I am thankful that we have been blessed with a wonderful babysitter for our children. Finding someone that we trust to help raise the most important people in our lives is nerve-racking, but we have been so lucky. We appreciate all you do Theresa!!!

Day 15: I am thankful for these 10 extra lbs I have been struggling to lose- they show that I have plenty to eat. I am thankful for these annoying wrinkles around my eyes- they show that I find joy and laugh every single day. And I am thankful for the stretch marks, overall droopiness, and the fact that I will never again be rocking a bikini- they show that this body gave birth to three beautiful babies.

Day 16: I am thankful for my mom, Mary. She is one of my best friends and the first person I turn to when I need help or advice. I didn't fully appreciate all that she sacrificed and all that she did to give me a wonderful childhood until I was a mother myself, but I appreciate it now, and I hope that I can be as great a mother as she is. Happy Birthday Mom!!!!!

Day 17: Today, as I am headed to pay my respects and celebrate the life of a beautiful family member whose life was cut too short by a long battle with cancer, I am truly thankful for everything. Life is so short, we have to appreciate every moment.

Day 18: I am thankful for the conveniences of modern appliances. I don't know how I'd survive without my washing machine, microwave, and dishwasher. Wouldn't you agree, Leslie Dickinson????

Day 19: I am thankful for heated leather seats in my car today. That wind out there is brutal.

Day 20: I am thankful for weekends that Seth gets to be home with us and doesn't have to work.

Day 21: I am thankful that I have been able to make a business out of doing something I love. I am thankful for all of my family and friends who have supported and encouraged me in my photography and for all the new friends I have made through this adventure.

Day 22: I am thankful that I am able to work with so many dedicated teachers who care about kids and love what they do. They make my job easier and make it fun to go to work each day.

Day 23: I am thankful that my kids get to know their great grandmas, Great Grandma Pauly in Minnesota and Great Grandma VanRoy in Omaha. I never knew my great grandparents so I am glad that my children have been blessed with that gift.

Day 24: I am thankful for a beautiful, warm Thanksgiving Day spent with family. And also stretchy jeans.

Day 25: I am thankful for Eli's giant, open mouthed, slobbery kisses ♥

Day 26: I am thankful for spending this cold, blustery Saturday inside safe and warm at The Muppets Movie.

Day 27: I am thankful that we got all the Christmas decorations up this week-end and now we have all of December to enjoy them.

Day 28: I am thankful for our house. It is messy, cluttered, disorganized, and chaotic at times, but that's what makes it our home.

Day 29: I am thankful that my parents instilled a love of reading in me when I was young. There is nothing better than curing up with a good book at the end of a long day. I am also glad that my kids love to read and be read to as much as I do. Even Eli loves to look at books and listen to stories.

Day 30: I am thankful that I have so much to be thankful for. I know grammar teachers.....I am thankful I have so much for which to be thankful. I really am and I really do. Bring on December!

No comments: