Sunday, August 10, 2008

A few quick updates




I feel like I've been such a slacker with my blog this summer. I've been so busy with the kids and my pictures and our trips recently that I'm not taking much time on here. Once I get back to work I'm sure I'll have more time (sshhhh... don't tell my boss).

Anyway, we just got back from a family reunion in Minnesota this week-end. It was a fast trip, but I'm really glad we went. I got to see my grandma and a lot of my other relatives. Noah had so much fun playing with my cousin's daughter, Gabby, who is five, and playing soccer with my cousin Hannah, who is 16. There were about 8 boys around Noah's age to play with, but he chose the older girls. He was playing tag with Gabby and Seth and my brothers and some of the other cousins. Gabby was chasing him and Noah said "you'll never catch me!!!" A couple seconds later she was right behind him and he said "well, maybe you will". It was a beautiful day and it was in a really nice park that had a really nice, clean shelter with a kitchen area and nice restrooms. I was really impressed! Did I mention it was nice? Ella had a ball, too, just walking around and saying "hi" to anyone and everyone.

She's recently learned to say hi and tries it out on EVERYONE she sees. Today the poor high school boy who was our check-out at Target had to say hi to her about 24 times while I was trying to pay. She also says Daddy really well, unfortunately she doesn't discriminate yet, so everyone is daddy- the plumber, my female doctor, a bird, etc. She gets so excited when Seth gets home from work and will stop whatever she is doing and go over as soon as he opens the door and says "Daddy!" and puts her arms up to be held. It's soooo sweet! She also says mama, more, bye-bye, night-night, Ella (which sounds more like Edgy), Gage, doggie, and fan (which sounds more like daddy). It's funny how obsessed she is with fans, because Noah was, too. When he was 10 months old he consistently said "dee" when he looked at the fan, and he looked at it a lot. Dee, dee, dee, dee.

Noah is growing and growing. He is still very dramatic and loves to pretend and act out stories and plays. When I say he should be an actor when he grows up he gets very adamant that he "is going to be a PALEONTOLGIST!" Sorry. The other day Seth was being a little crabby with Noah and then apologized later for it. Noah said "that's okay, Daddy. Even when you're mean, I still love you". He earned some brownie points with me tonight as he was helping set the table. He got out two knives (which were identical) and said that "Daddy gets the big one because he's bigger, and you get the thin one because you're thinner". Funny!

No comments: