Monday, August 4, 2008

Wildlife Safari
















Last week-end Seth and I took the kids to the Wildlife Safari in Ashland. We had never been there and I don't know what I was expecting, but it was so much more fun than I thought it would be! There was a hiking trail that we went on where we were supposed to be able to see bears and wolves. We did see a bear that came right up to the fence, but we didn't see any wolves. We had the double stroller and didn't know what to expect on the trail. At first it was paved, which was good. Then it was cobblestone, which was okay. Soon it was gravel, which was a little more difficult. Then it turned into a narrow dirt trail, which was a challenge for Seth to push. Eventually (past the point where it would have made sense to turn around) it was a VERY steep hill and Seth had to carry the double stroller up over rocks and logs, with Ella still in the stroller. I would have carried her, but I don't know if I could have done it because I was struggling just getting up myself and helping Noah. Oh, and it was about 99 degrees. Seth was such a trooper, though. I just kept my eyes ahead because if I would have turned around and saw him struggling up that hill with the steep drop-offs and Ella laughing away in the stroller, I think I would have had a heart attack. Once we got back in the car, though, I felt much safer. It was a really fun day and Noah was excited at how close we got to the animals. We had to stop at one point so elk could cross the road in front of us. We saw antelope right on the side of the road and bison all congregated in a pond.

No comments: