Thursday, October 1, 2009

To Love and Protect


I always thought it would be great to have a big brother to look out for me and protect me. Ella is blessed to have a big brother who adores her. Today I was in the computer room working on pictures and Noah and Ella were supposed to be resting in their rooms. Noah came in to say that his "life feels better with Ella than without her". Then he came in to say "Mom, I really like having a little sister. I never really thought if it that way, I was always mad at her, but she's good to have around. Much better than a mischievous little brother". I asked how he knew that a little brother would be mischievous and he said "I just imagined that's how it would be".
He then asked if he could play with Ella in her room instead of resting. She wasn't sleeping anyway, so I said they could play together and they were laughing and sharing and tickling each other and having so much fun that I decided my pictures could wait and went in and played monsters with them. It was so nice just to hear them laugh and play together. When they didn't know I was listening Noah told Ella that he loved her and she said "I wuv you too, Noah!" Talk about melting Mommy's heart!!!

No comments: