We have had a lot of changes in the Christensen house in the past month or so. It started when I was working on pictures every night in the computer room, which was in our 4th upstairs bedroom, next to Noah’s room, and down the hall from Ella’s room. Both kids were being nightmares at bedtime. Noah would come into the computer room 5, 6, 7 times wanting to tell me something, and Ella would scream and cry and throw massive fits in her room. We decided to move the computer desk down to the living room. That was a weeklong project that involved moving around all the furniture and cleaning out the entire computer room, which had been our “dumping ground” for all those things we didn’t know what to do with.
After we got it all cleared out, we moved Noah’s stuff all into it, which also involved some major cleaning and organizing. The room had dark blue walls already, and his bedding and furniture all fit so nicely in there. We all love how cozy and “big boy” his new room is. And I love how clean and organized it is, and, so far, he has kept it that way.
Because Ella was being such a stinker at naptime and bedtime with trashing her room, playing with toys, dumping all the books out of her bookshelf, etc., we ended up taking everything out of her room except for her bed and her dresser. We put a lock on her door, and at bedtime I say “good night, I love you” and shut off the light and lock the door. It only took a couple nights of her crying for a few minutes, and now (knock on wood) bedtime is going MUCH better.
We were going to move her into Noah’s former bedroom and turn her room back into a nursery, but, with no baby to put in there, and none in the foreseeable 9 month future, we decided to turn Noah’s old room into a playroom. We put all the toys in there that were taking over our family room and I LOVE IT!!!!!! The kids like it because it’s like they have all new toys since we just moved them and reorganized them, and I love it because our family room looks like a family room and not a storage room at the back of a Toys R Us.
I also LOVE the coziness of the living room with the computer in it and love working on pictures with better light and being separated from the kids by a floor rather than just a wall while they are supposed to be sleeping and I am supposed to be working.
In the midst of all the room arranging, I also decided to do some massive reorganizing of the kids’ outgrown clothes. I went through the 19 bins of clothes that they had and tossed any that were stained or damaged. I bought some Space Saver bags (the bags that they sell on t.v. that you vacuum out the extra air) and was able to turn the 19 bins into about 15 bins that are all organized and label by size and gender. What a project!!! It’s nice to have it finished, and it gave us some extra space in the storage area of our basement, which I’m sure will get filled up very quickly.
1 comment:
WOW! You go girl! I am tired just reading all of that :)
Post a Comment