Saturday, February 27, 2010

Better days

Things are looking up! Knock on wood, everyone is fairly healthy, we're over half through tax season, the weather is slowly getting warmer, and we have some exciting things to look forward to.

Noah's birthday is the 20th and we are planning his birthday party for the 27th. We have reserved the birthday room at Backyard Adventures' showroom. We are inviting all of Noah's class, so I think he will have so much fun. He deserves to have some fun- I am so proud of him lately for how hard he has been working at school and how much help he has been at home since Seth's been working so much.

Another thing I'm excited about is that we just switched gyms. We have belonged to 24 Hour Fitness for 10 years now. I have done the classes there for that long and have made a lot of friends and acquaintances in the classes. We decided to switch to Urban Active because it is so close to our house, and because I was getting frustrated with a couple things at 24 Hour. They were taking away class times, and the parking lot was ridiculous!! I could rarely find a spot in the lot, so I had to park across the street and it was hard when I had the kids with me to walk that far in the cold and snow.

I got a two day pass so I could try out the classes before we joined, so Ella and I went on Thursday morning. I was surprised by how nervous I was! I was nervous because I didn't know where the classes where, where the equipment was in the class, what the class would be like, etc., but when I walked in, I had two friends who I knew from the classes at 24 Hour Fitness. One of them showed me what to do and the instructor was actually an instructor at 24 Hour as well, so the class was familiar. I LOVE the new gym and I love that it takes me 3 minutes to get home. I am excited about going and I feel much better after getting exercise.

No comments: