Thursday, July 8, 2010

July 4th and other events


Ella and Seth picked out her 4th of July outfit at Kohl's and I think they did a super job. So cute! And Ella LOVES it! She is such a diva about her clothes. I've finally learned to just let her pick them out so I know she will wear them.

We went with with my parents to the free concert at Memorial Park and heard Foreigner, Kansas, and Styx. It was so fun! The kids did so much better than I expected and the fireworks were amazing.

On July 3rd we had our families over and Seth grilled out hamburgers, hotdogs, and bratwursts. We set up the inflatable waterslide and did some fireworks in front of the house which the kids loved. The only downside to the day was the 4 foot fall I had when I fell off the waterslide when I was on it trying to fix the sprayers and landed on my head. I'm too old for such antics. Luckily, I was not seriously injured.
Speaking of injuries, poor Noah had a massive fall on his scooter and scraped up his face and knee. Poor guy!
Tonight was the end of the season party for Noah and Seth's baseball team at Bounce U. The kids got to bounce for an hour and then got pizza and trophies. Seth had a fun time coaching the team and it was a good group of kids and parents. Even though he was kind of roped into coaching, he enjoyed it and is going to do it again next year.

No comments: