Yesterday I was putting something away in my bathroom with Eli in his usual place in his carrier attached to my chest when Ella started screaming from the bedroom that there was a bee in the house that was "buzzing"!! EEEEKK!! It turns out that it was a giant, dying, very slow moving fly. Of course Chief had to get in on the action and was trying to catch it. Chief usually can catch the flies and then eats them, which is gross, but I appreciate not having to dispose of them myself. This fly, however, was staying on the ceiling where Chief couldn't get him (he may have been slow, but he wasn't stupid).
I grabbed the first thing I could find, which happened to be a long rubber toy snake and started trying to hit the poor fly with it. I didn't want to kill it, I just wanted to move it down so Chief could get it. I feel like poor Chief has been getting the short end of the stick lately, so I wanted to put a little joy in his sad little cat life. Everytime I tried to hit the dumb fly I was afraid it was going to fall and hit Eli or I so I would move away quickly and sometimes gave a little squeal. Then Ella would scream and run around like a crazy lady. It was pretty humorous.
I finally ended up accidentally hitting the fly and killing it. Chief had to be pointed in the fly's direction, and without the thrill of the hunt, he lost interest. So I ended up flushing it down the toilet.
And then we were off to find another activity to occupy us for awhile.
No comments:
Post a Comment