Elijah Michael is finally here! Seth and I went into the hospital on Wednesday, December 29th at 9:00 am so I could be induced. I was delivering at the new Methodist Women's Hospital and I was excited to check out the hospital, but I was also a nervous wreck because I had some idea of what was coming with the labor and delivery.
We were lucky to have a wonderful nurse who stayed with me all day and I was lucky to have a very short period of time that I was in actual pain before I was able to get my epidural. At about 3:00 I felt a strange sensation and thought the baby had just come out in the bed. I said, "um.... something's happening down there". The nurse checked me and said "Okay, don't push! If you feel like you need to push, just breathe like this 'hee, hee, hee'". She called my doctor who, luckily, was in her office in the next building, and she came literally running into the room.
I pushed three times and out he came. Seth and I saw he was a boy and we were in shock. We both really thought the baby was going to be a girl! Noah and Ella had been with Seth's parents and they were the first ones to come in and see him. They were both so excited. Noah is so proud, and Ella says on a daily basis "I love having a baby brother" and "he's so cute Mom!"
It's been a little of an adjustment getting used to having three kids at home, but, luckily we have parents who are willing to help out and tax season hasn't really hit yet, so I've had a lot of help.
I can't believe Eli has only been with us for a little over 2 weeks! It feels like we've known him forever. We all love him and he is a super sweet, snuggly baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment