Noah started the school year with a giant pimple on his face. We think it was from chlorine drying out his face and then getting sunscreen and dirt on his face. Luckily he is too young to really care or be self-conscious about it. I asked if anyone said anything at school about it and he said “yeah! Everyone asked me ‘ooh, what happened to your face?’” “So, what did you say?” I asked. “I said it was a pimple”. Duh, Mom.
It was starting to go away and looked much better yesterday. After dinner we were going downstairs to play the Wii. Noah went first and I just heard a thump, bump, thump all the way down the stairs. When I got to the top I looked down and saw him laying spread eagle on his back at the bottom of the stairs with a panicked look on his face. After a second he started wailing. I ran down the steps and saw that there was blood all over his face and a big rug burn on his cheek. I quick got a paper towel to wipe up the blood and I couldn’t figure out why he was bleeding. I asked him what he hit his cheek on. “The c-c-c-c-arpet!!!!” he cried. “Did you hit a nail or something?” “I don’t th-th-think soooooo”. “Then why is there so much blood??” “Oh!” he said, suddenly not crying anymore. “My pimple fell off”.
Later that night, after Ella beat us all on the Wii, I saw Noah looking for something on the steps. When I asked what he was doing he said he was looking for his pimple.
“What?!?! Why?? So you can put it under your pillow and the Pimple Fairy can come tonight?”
He looked at me like that was absolutely ridiculous. “Noooo…” he said, “so I can make sure Chief doesn’t eat it”.
Of course.
No comments:
Post a Comment