Monday, October 15, 2007

Race for the Cure




Two Sundays ago, Ryan, Seth and I did the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, which was a 5K race around the Civic Auditorium. Ryan and Seth had been training for it and the Corporate Cup Run, and I had been running a little to prepare for it. My three main goals were 1- be able to run the whole thing without walking, 2- finish in under 30 minutes, and 3- not die. I should have added a 4th goal, which I'll get to in a minute.

The results: I met all my goals!! I did have to stop once to "tie my shoe", but I finished at 28:10. Seth's time was 26 minutes and Ryan's was 29 minutes. I did better than I thought I would, but I had one major issue: I peed my pants!! About halfway through I had to go to the bathroom and there was nothing I could do about it. I tried to stop and act like I was tying my shoe to see if that would help, but it didn't. I found out quickly why one should not run a race 4 months after having a baby. Luckily our t-shirts were long, so I don't think anyone could tell. I was disappointed, though, because I wanted to sprint at the end when I could see the finish, but I was afraid I would totally lose it, so I held back.

So, we'll do it again next year. My goals have changed to: run the whole thing, finish in under 28 minutes, and keep my pants dry!

No comments: