My photography business is officially launched as of last Sunday! I had my first paid shoot then, and this week-end I have THREE!!!! Two tomorrow and one on Sunday. Of course, the two tomorrow were going to be outside, and there is a chance of flurries and a high of 40. We are going to plan B- the first family's shoot will be in the Old Market, and I still need to talk to the second family to see what they want to do. Darn Nebraska weather! Last week-end it was nearly 80 degrees.
Anyway, I'm still trying to stop my head from spinning over how fast this is all going. I talked to a friend of a friend of mine who does what I am trying to do, and who I've been secretly stalking for the past few months. We talked for almost an hour (while I was supposedly working at my "real job") and she was so helpful and made me feel so much better. I am exactly where she was when she first started a couple years ago, and she made me think that I'm on the right track. If I can be where she is in a couple years, I will be very happy.
I feel like I've learned so much in such a short time. Photography is, essentially, a different language than anything I've ever spoken before. There's still so much to learn it's overwhelming. I've been amazed and touched by how helpful everyone who I've turned to for help or advice has been. Most of the time complete strangers that I've met on photography websites or forums. It seems as though people have bent over backwards to help me at times, with nothing in it at all for themselves. It really has made me appreciate that most people are good, helpful, kind, generous people. I hope that someday I can return the favor to someone who is clueless like me.
No comments:
Post a Comment