Saturday, November 15, 2008

Do you hear that??

Silence. Seth took the kids to the grocery store and the library this morning so I could get some cleaning done (see what I'm doing instead? ☺) It is so quiet in the house. I love it!! We have had QUITE a week this past week! I had two of my three scheduled photo shoots last week-end. The third really wanted theirs done outside so decided to wait and see if there would be any warmer week-ends. I was okay with their cancellation, because two was plenty! I worked on editing all week-end and most of the week whenever I got a chance.

Then, Monday night at about 11:00 Noah threw up in his bed. He didn't stop throwing up until 6:00 in the morning (which made for a very loooong night). After that he had explosive diarrhea for two days. It was so bad that he couldn't even take a tiny sip of water without getting sick. I called the doctor because I was worried he was getting dehydrated. I called around noon on Tuesday and he hadn't urinated since about 3:00 am. They said that if he didn't go by 2:00, that he would have to go to the hospital for an IV. He ended up going at about 1:30. He slowly was able to keep more down and is doing MUCH better now. He was home two days and by the third day he was very ready to go anywhere but be at home.

So, I was able to go to work on Thursday. Later in the day I started feeling sick. By the time I got home I was really sick and had what Noah had. Luckily, I had been nervous I would get it so I hadn't eaten much the previous few days. There wasn't much for my body to get rid of, so I recovered pretty quickly. I took a 1/2 sick day on Friday, but then was able to go back to work in the afternoon. NO FUN!! We're thinking that Ella maybe already had a touch of this last week-end, so hopefully she will not get it and we can be done with it.

That's all the fun that's been going on in the Christensen family. Hopefully we can start a new, better week.

No comments: