Monday, May 10, 2010

Facebook updates

3-16-10 this morning Noah asked where my keys were. When I asked why he said "I thought I'd go out and start the car for you". Um........no.

3-27-10 Had super fun at Noah's birthday party today. The kindergarten kiddos sang Happy Birthday to you- cha cha cha..... Ella has been singing all day. "Happy birthday to Noah- chop, chop, chop" and Noah said "she must think I'm either a karate kid or a woodcutter"

3-29-10 is pathetically addicted to Noah's Lego Indiana Jones game for his Nintendo DSi. I'm starting to get a blister from playing it too much. I guess it's okay because I really don't have much else going on or anything much to do. Right.

3-30-10 Ella is up in her room and is supposed to be taking a nap. She is yelling at the top of her lungs "SOMEBODY OPEN MY DOOOOO-OOOOOR!!! SOMEBODY! ANYBODY?!?! SOMEBODY OPEN MY DOOOOO-OOOOOR!!!" She and I are the only ones home. Silly girl!

3-31-10 Ella is mad at me tonight because I "said mean words to her" (I said "no"- oh the horror!). she now says that I am no longer her favorite mommy. :( I am wondering who is her favorite mommy. ??

4-1-10 holy moly my kids are whiny tonight! I just told Noah that he could only say "mom" 10 times for the rest of the night. He reached his limit in about 12 seconds.

4-2-10 Ella just put on some sweat pants and said "Mommy! I'm wearing my sweaty pants!"

4-4-10 Ella was cold when she got out of her bath tonight and was shivering. She said "Mommy, my teef keep shaking!"

4-5-10 favorite Office quote of the night "and I knew exactly what to do, but, in a much more real sense, I had no idea what to do"

4-6-10 Lord have mercy on a mother's soul. If I hear one more whine, tattle, or cry, or have to clean up any more bodily fluids (seriously, a 6 year old should be able to get his pee in the toilet), I'm going to LOSE it!!!!!!

4-6-10 After a very harrowing day of whining, constant spills and messes, a cat with the stomach flu, and, to top it off, no naps for two crabby kids and one very tired mommy...... Ella says to me "good night Mommy! You're my best Mommy ever!" and gives me a massive hug. What a great day :)

4-10-10 Ella was showing me a book and said "see these girls? they are dumb as sh--". Um, excuse me?? She actually said "see dese girls? dey are da magic" Not sure what that means, but apparently we need to work on the -th- sound!

4-11-10 had fun playing a very competitive game of kickball with Noah, Seth, my dad and my brother tonight. Pretty sure Noah won. For some reason none of us could catch the ball when he kicked it. Weird.

4-13-10 Wow! One 2 year old who missed her nap + one 6 year old who is struggling with getting back into the school routine after a weeklong break = one 7:00 bedtime and one exhausted mommy. On a good note- we had fun flying kites tonight at the park. It was so darn windy they pretty much flew themselves.

4-13-10 I hate when there are two black wrappers on miniature Reeces Peanut Butter Cups and I accidentally eat one. Who's responsible for that travesty?!?! There's only supposed to be one wrapper per cup!!

4-15-10 this morning Ella came tearing into my room buck naked and smacked Noah and I on the booties as she ran back out. Noah looked at me and said "um, THAT was awkward"

4-20-10 just now as I was vaccuuming, Ella said "you're a good bacuumer, mommy!" I was thrilled! It felt so nice to be recognized and appreciated for all my hard house cleaning work. How pathetic is that?

4-21-10 Noah got up in the middle of the night and wanted me to lay by him because he had had a bad dream. I laid by him for awhile & thought he had fallen back asleep & then he started giggling & I thought he was having a funny dream. After a while he burst out laughing so I started laughing too. His eyes popped open and he said "Mom, are YOU imagining this TOO?"

4-26-10 Our cat is constantly bolting out of the house when we open the door and we have to go chase him down. Today Chief got out when I opened the garage. He took one step outside and said "Heck, no!" and ran back into the house. Well, he didn't actually talk- he's a cat- but if he could talk, that's what I imagine he would say.

4-27-10 "Doctor, I think I need a new butt, my old one has a crack in it". Noah read that in a book last night and has been cracking up since. Oh, to be a 6 year old boy!

4-29-10 This morning I asked Noah to go in the bathroom and brush his teeth. Apparently Chief had just used the litter box and Noah said "I can't go in there. It's a stink show".

4-29-10 Excuse me- could the person who took my sweet, loving little boy and gave me this crabby, whiney, argumentative mess of a child please return the original model to me ASAP? Thanks!

5-1-10 Noah's sick today with croup :( He missed his soccer game this morning- Seth had to go to it and take some treats since it was our turn. Then Noah had to miss his baseball game this evening, but Seth went since he is the coach. Seth had a fun filled day of 6 year old sports...... without the 6 year old.

5-4-10 had a fun time last night with Seth at the Pearl Jam concert in Kansas City. It's gonna be an early bedtime tonight, though! Back to real life tomorrow.

5-6-10 Noah was serving himself spaghetti sauce tonight and spilled some on his arm. He got a relly nasty burn on his arm and then cried so hard that his croup started acting up and then he couldn't breathe. Man, the kid just can't catch a break.

5-8-10 Noah came out of his room this morning in his underwear and Ella asked why he didn't have clothes on. He said, in total seriousness, "I'm not a baby anymore. I sleep like a grown man." Ella said "you're not a grown man! You're silly!" I cannot stop laughing! I guess there are worse ways to wake up in the morning.

5-8-10 Of course I think my baby girl is beautiful, what mother doesn't? But I will NEVER tell her to "sparkle", give her a spray tan, or have her parade around in a bikini on a stage. Watching Toddlers & Tiaras makes me want to vomit!

5-9-10 Two days during the year I get to sleep in... my birthday and Mother's Day. I love them both! Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mothers out there!

No comments: