
I'll start with the good news: I entered this picture in another photo contest through KETV's website. I have entered four of their contests. My picture has been chosen as one of the top 10 finalists in three of them, but then the winner is chosen by public vote, and I've never won.... until last Friday!! I got an e-mail from KETV saying that my flower picture won, so they are mailing me my prize. Which is a $10 Subway gift card. To me, the prize is so not important, I just REALLY wanted to win something!! So now I have and I will quit begging for votes. I will still enter contests, but I will leave my poor family and friends alone. Unless the prize is something big. Like maybe a $15 gift card to Subway. Then that's definitely worth begging.
The rest of my Friday didn't go so great. I had the day off, and the weather was really yucky- cold and rainy and horribly windy, so the kids and I planned on going to Walmart to get a few things and then to the library. When we got to the library it was closed for Arbor Day. Arbor Day?? I know Nebraska is the home of Arbor Day, but I guess I didn't realize it was a state holiday. So we went to Borders instead and looked at the books there, which was fun for Noah, but he would have rather brought a bunch home like he gets to at the library.
Then we went home and had lunch and I got both kids down for a nap, which truly is a miracle, but Ella woke up about 5 minutes after Noah fell asleep. I managed to keep her out of most major catastrophes while I cleaned the house and made dinner. I made a lasagna (that sounds a lot better than saying I opened the box of Stouffer's frozen lasagna and stuck it in the oven, which is what I really did) and had dinner ready for when Seth was supposed to be home at 5:30 or so. At 5:30 or so Seth called and said he had things to do at work so we should eat without him. So I managed to get about 4 bites of lasagna while I was picking up Ella's cup from the floor 800 times, trying to get her to stop grabbing her hair while her hands were covered in apples, and wiping up Noah's drink for the 9 millionth time this week.
After dinner Noah was so excited because we had planned on taking him to Build-A-Bear at the Westroads so he could make a new animal with a gift card he had gotten for his birthday. Seth met us at the mall, which meant that I had the pleasure of wrangling both kids and a stroller into the mall in the cold, rain, and wind by myself. Soon after we managed to get inside, Seth called me on my cell phone from inside the mall saying that the Build-A-Bear store had closed at the Westroads. So, trying to keep from crying or screaming, we managed to find each other and then again wrangle the kids and the stroller back into the car and headed to Oak View. Noah did have fun making a very cute triceratops stuffed animal he named Diney (because it's a dinosaur, of course). At the mall Ella managed to lose a pacifier and a sock. Which meant that the ride home (first back to the Westroads to get Seth's truck, and then home) was a nightmare because she was screaming her head off. Gosh I depend on that pacifier!!!
Then we got home and got the kids in bed and I took a second to check my e-mail. I discovered that a gift I had ordered for Delaney's First Communion was on back order and wouldn't be in on time, so then I dealt with the frustration of having to cancel that order. What a perfect way to end a very frustrating day.
But hey, I won a Subway gift card!!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment