WHEW! What a week-end!!!! When I picked the kids up from Lisa's on Friday Noah's eye was a little junky and red. By the time we were done with dinner it was really red and he could barely open it. Seth took him to Urgent Care and got drops for pink eye which he is supposed to have three times a day. The first set of drops we gave went well, because he didn't know what it was all about. Ever since then we've had to hold his arms and head while he screams bloody murder.
On Saturday after Seth got home from work (the last Saturday he will have to work for awhile) we went to eat at Pizza Hut because Noah had a certificate from school for a free personal pan pizza. After we left there we were going to stop at my Grandma's to drop off some tax stuff, and then go to my parents because they had some souvenirs for the kids from their trip to Florida. We ended up making a third, unexpected stop to Derek and Michelle's so Michelle could check Noah's ears since he started complaining about them hurting while we were eating dinner. Sure enough, he had an ear infection. So, Seth took him to Urgent Care- again- and got a prescription for an antibiotic.
Saturday night Ella, who also has a cold, woke up every single hour. I felt bad letting her cry because she's not feeling too great and her nose is all runny and yucky, so I got up with her..... SIX times! She woke up for good at 5:30, when she usually sleeps until at least 7:00. I was so tired, so when Seth got up at 7:30, I went back to bed and slept until 10:30. I know Seth was disappointed because he wanted to do something fun as a family since he didn't have to work for once, but it would not have been a fun family outing with a super crabby mommy.
Then, Noah decided not to take a nap. He was in his bed for 2 hours, but never slept. It was a NIGHTMARE this evening! He was so crabby and naughty. We ended up putting both kids to bed at 7:30. Yikes! I am utterly exhausted. And tomorrow starts another week.
No comments:
Post a Comment