

I attempted to take the kids to the zoo on Saturday because it was such a nice day, but the results were disasterous. Everyone else in the state of Nebraska and portions of southwest Iowa had the same idea as us, and the zoo was PACKED! Ella fell face first in a big puddle of mud in the jungle exhibit and was filthy, so we had to go in the bathroom and attempt (unsuccessfully) to clean her up. Then, I took the kids' coats off in the Desert Dome and put them in the back of the stroller. We went through the entire upstairs, and then through the Kingdoms of the Night downstairs. We were at the end and I went to get Ella's coat, and it was gone! We then traipsed backwards through the Kingdom's of the Night, did I mention it was packed? And, for those of you who have not been there, it is very dark- needless to say, NOT FUN! We didn't find it, so then we went back through the upstairs. Poor Noah was a trooper, but was so tired and kept stopping to "rest" while Ella was doing her Houdini thing and trying to get out of the stroller and I was yelling "Noah! Stay by Mommy! Hurry, Buddy!" It was a nightmare. It took us 40 minutes to get through because of the ridiculous crowds, I mean, really, WHAT are people stopping and looking at for crying out loud? Oh yeah, the animals.... but didn't they know we were on a mission? Anyway, long story short, we ended up finding the coat on a bench outside the Desert Dome. Someone must have picked it up and set it there. And, we would have seen it when we walked by it three times on our way in and out, but an old man was sitting on it!! By the time we were done with that whole fiasco it was lunch time and the kids were starving, so we went home.
Today was another beautiful day, and Seth was able to be home by 2:30, so we tried the zoo again. It was much more pleasant. Noah got to look at things he wanted, and I was able to take some pictures. Plus, things are always easier when there are two of us to divide and conquer. I can't wait for tax season to be over!!


No comments:
Post a Comment