Today Noah asked how old I am. When I told him I'm 32, he replied: "32? Why don't you wear glasses and have a cane?" Geesh... I would have answered him, but, in all of my senility, I forgot the question.
I'm still trying to recover from the chaos of last week. I had jury duty for a day and a half on Monday and Tuesday for a first degree murder trial. The jury selection took that long, and I ended up being cut at noon on Tuesday. I followed the case in the paper, because after spending so much time at the courthouse, I was pretty invested in the trial and the outcome, and I saw that the case was declared a mistrial on Wednesday afternoon because a witness changed his testimony.
Tuesday and Thursday night we had parent- teacher conferences at school, which always makes for very long days, especially with a 50 minute drive home at the end of the day. Someone told me how many days are left of school- around 35 or so, which just about gives me a panic attack. I have A LOT to do between now and the middle of May. Yikes!
Ella has decided that she's the next American Idol. She sings and sings and it's so stinking cute. She sings Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, Rock-A-Bye Baby, and the Elmo song (la la la la, la la la la, Elmo's World). I'd try to get a video of it, but she only sings when she thinks no one is looking or listening. Okay, so maybe she's not the next American Idol.
No comments:
Post a Comment