Only one more week of tax season!! Woo Hoo!! I will be able to go to the gym again without having to drag the kids along with me, and Ella will (hopefully) start to remember who Seth is and let him do things- anything- with her without screaming "Mommmeeeeeee!!!"
Seth and I had a proud parent moment when we went to Noah's parent-teacher conference this week. His teacher said that she can always count on him to listen, follow directions, and follow the rules, and that he is a good role model in that respect so she will make sure to praise what he is doing so the other kids will follow his lead. It's nice to know he has the capability of listening, even if he chooses not to at home all the time :)
Ella surprised me the other night as I was putting her to bed. She pulled out her pacifier and said "Mommy, Ha-ah hit at Issa's house" (translated: Hannah hit at Lisa's house") I quickly counted on my fingers- oh my gosh, she just said her first more than three word sentence!! I said "Hannah hit you?", she said "no, Ha-ah hit Nah nah (Noah)" and proceeded to demonstrate for me how Hannah allegedly hit Nah nah in the mouth. I said "Hannah hit Noah? Oh dear, what did you say?" and she replied "no hit Ha-ah" with much forcefulness. Later I asked Noah if Hannah hit him at Lisa's and he said no, and acted like he had no idea what I was talking about. Ella's first multi-word account was a total lie!!
Ella's other new fun activity is to take off all her clothes and her diaper when she's in her bed. Last night she woke up crying and Seth went in to take care of her and said that she was lying, bum-naked, hunched up in her bed in a puddle of urine. Nice. When her got her up she kept saying "code" because she was cold. Well, keep your clothes on and you wouldn't have that problem, stinker!!
Oh, fun times at the Christensen house.
Noah has started his spring season of soccer. He has improved slightly from the fall, but he's still no David Beckham, that's for sure. Oh well, he enjoys it because he gets a snack when it's over. As long as he has fun, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment