Noah's new saying when he does not get his way or is told "no" is "razzum frazzum stinky stink" mumbled under his breath. Guess that's better than the language I hear from some kids at school.
Other than the "swearing", I am in love with 5 year old Noah. Of all the ages and stages of his little life, I'm loving the one the most. He is so sweet, and loving, and caring. He will come and give me a hug and say "I love you Mom" for no reason at all. When I get home from work, he says "hi Mom, how was your day?" He seems so grown up all of a sudden and wants to be independent with so many things, yet he is still so innocent and trusting and thinks that mommy and daddy are super heroes. Don't get me wrong, he definitely has his moments of imperfection, but all in all, he's been a really fun, sweet person to be around lately.
And then there's my sweet baby girl Ella, who's entering her terrible twos way too early. She can be sweet and loving, too. But she is also interested in exerting her independence, although not in as nice a way as Noah. Her Grandma Jolene thinks she is hysterical, and says that I would, too, if I wasn't her mom. Secretly, I do think she's hysterical at times, but I know I can't let her know that I think she's funny, because I don't want to reinforce her anti-social, screaming, shrieking, sassiness. She's definitely found her voice, and all my worrying about her speech and language was for naught because she's just fine, and, of course, as I predicted, I'm now mourning the relative silence that we had when she was not talking so much.
In other exciting news, Noah scored his first goal at his soccer game on Saturday. I didn't get to see it because I had stayed home with Ella because of the yucky weather. He was so excited to tell me, and I was so sad that I missed it that I got a little teary-eyed and he said "it's okay, mommy, I'll score lots more so you can see". I hope so!
No comments:
Post a Comment