in her crib! Today I laid her down for a nap and went in to my bathroom. A couple seconds later she was standing in front of me and our conversation went like this:
Me: Ella! What are you doing?
Ella: Ella Up!!!
Me: Did Daddy get you up?
Ella: No, Ella do it.
I then had her show me and was horrified to see her basically do full splits to stick her foot up on her railing and then heave herself over the side. I laid her down again and told her NOT to get out of bed. After 3 more escapes, she finally fell asleep.
I then promptly went onto Walmart.com and purchased a crib tent which will be delivered in 3-5 days (they didn't have any in the store, or I would have been in the car pronto).
She is just way too small to be in a big girl bed, there is no way in heck that she would ever stay in one, and she is such a good sleeper I hate to mess that up!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the crib cage- I mean tent- works!!
One year ago today I got my Nikon D60 (my third child as I lovingly call it) and had no idea how to use it, and no real knowledge of photography in general. That's why it's amazing to me that, today, I have a crazy busy business doing something that I absolutely love! If anyone had asked me last Mother's Day, I never would have thought that I would be where I am now with my business. I know that I still have a long way to go and much to improve on.... I can't wait to see where I am next year at this time.
We had a great Mother's Day. We woke up and had cinnamon rolls and then went to church. After lunch I got to take a much needed nap, and then got to go play tennis with my Dad. I was nervous, because I haven't played since January 1st, but I did much better than I expected to. Which is good, because my West Omaha Women's Tennis League starts the middle of May. Which is now, I guess.... yikes!!
After tennis we went to my parents for dinner, and it was a really fun time. The kids were really well behaved, and we all had a fun, relaxing day.
Me: Ella! What are you doing?
Ella: Ella Up!!!
Me: Did Daddy get you up?
Ella: No, Ella do it.
I then had her show me and was horrified to see her basically do full splits to stick her foot up on her railing and then heave herself over the side. I laid her down again and told her NOT to get out of bed. After 3 more escapes, she finally fell asleep.
I then promptly went onto Walmart.com and purchased a crib tent which will be delivered in 3-5 days (they didn't have any in the store, or I would have been in the car pronto).
She is just way too small to be in a big girl bed, there is no way in heck that she would ever stay in one, and she is such a good sleeper I hate to mess that up!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the crib cage- I mean tent- works!!
One year ago today I got my Nikon D60 (my third child as I lovingly call it) and had no idea how to use it, and no real knowledge of photography in general. That's why it's amazing to me that, today, I have a crazy busy business doing something that I absolutely love! If anyone had asked me last Mother's Day, I never would have thought that I would be where I am now with my business. I know that I still have a long way to go and much to improve on.... I can't wait to see where I am next year at this time.
We had a great Mother's Day. We woke up and had cinnamon rolls and then went to church. After lunch I got to take a much needed nap, and then got to go play tennis with my Dad. I was nervous, because I haven't played since January 1st, but I did much better than I expected to. Which is good, because my West Omaha Women's Tennis League starts the middle of May. Which is now, I guess.... yikes!!
After tennis we went to my parents for dinner, and it was a really fun time. The kids were really well behaved, and we all had a fun, relaxing day.
Which we all desperately needed. Especially poor Noah. The poor kid just has had one misfortune after another lately. It started 10 days ago on a Wednesday. We were getting him ready for soccer and he and I were playing around in his room and he fell and hit his head on the corner of his dresser. He got a HUGE goose egg on his forehead and then had to go to his soccer game. I debated having him stay home, but he seemed okay and he really wanted to go to the game since the one before he had scored a goal. He didn't play too well, and generally seemed miserable the rest of the night.
At around 3:00 in the morning, I woke up hearing "I threw up" and went into his room to find that he had thrown up in his bed. I was very concerned that he had a head injury, but he didn't have any other symptoms, and the stomach flu had been at his babysitter's the previous week. For the next 4 days, he had horrible diarrhea. On the 5th day, he developed a fever that lasted until the next Monday. I took him into the doctor and they did an X-Ray of his sinuses because she thought he may have another sinus infection- which he did- and also a blood test to see if he had pneumonia or numerous other diseases- which he didn't.
He was then put on an antibiotic for the sinus infection, and I was sent home with supplies to collect a stool sample if his diarrhea hadn't gone away by the next Wednesday. Luckily, by Wednesday that part of his illness was gone. He still is not feeling all that great, and he still has a bonk on his head, but all seems to be slowly mending. Poor little man.
Here's hoping the next few weeks see us all remaining healthy and without incident so we can enjoy our summer!!
1 comment:
Poor, poor Noah! What a week. But thank god you didn't have to collect a stool sample.
That cracks me up about Ella! I thought kids weren't supposed to start sneaking out until they were about 15??? Maybe she's getting it out of her system now. Or maybe she's just practicing for later. :)
Post a Comment