Saturday, July 11, 2009

Slick

It seems like the 4th of July was yesterday, but it's already a week later. The past week just flew by. Noah had a weeklong class at the Children's Museum called Raptor Rangers where they learned about dinosaurs and got to go on a dinosaur bone dig. He LOVED it! I figure it was good practice for his future as a paleontologist. I did tell him to make sure and not be too bossy or too much of a "know it all" and let the teachers teach the class, which I felt a little bad about, but I do think that's something he has to learn before he goes to Kindergarten. After the second day he told me that his teacher mispronounced 'parasauralophus', but that he "didn't even correct her".

The only thing I didn't like about the class was that it got over at 12:00 and if Ella and I didn't stay there it was really hard to find a parking spot when we came back to pick up Noah. On Thursday Ella got to have a day with her Grandpa Donnie and they went to the zoo. I went by myself to get Noah and didn't even attempt to park in the lot, instead I parked illegally on the street at a meter (illegally b/c I didn't pay the meter). I ran in and got Noah and made him run back out. We made it without getting a ticket, and getting out was so much easier than it had been trying to fight all the traffic in the parking lot. Apparently I said that parking there was pretty slick (I don't think I've ever used that word in that context bef0re) because now Noah keeps walking around saying things are "slick" too.

Today Seth and I took the kids to Fontenelle Forest. We hiked on the trails and the kids played in a little area they have with kids' activities. It was really fun, and Noah was really into the hike. Seth had made a scavenger hunt of things for him to look for along the way, and he found almost everything on the list. I ended up carrying Ella about 3/4 of the way, which was difficult, but I considered it my workout for the day.

After naps we went to a park where Seth and Ella played on the playground and Noah and I practiced his tennis. Out of about 30 balls, he hit 3 over the net, but he was thrilled with his progress. It was a very fun day and we are all going to sleep well tonight.

No comments: