Monday, September 21, 2009

So Far So Good!!!!

I was dreading the worst this week-end when we took Ella's pacifier away, and it went great! Not at all what I expected. She's asked for it a handful of times, but I just say the Paci Fairy took it to give to a baby and she's accepted that answer. The first night without it (Saturday) she slept all night long- from 8:00-8:00! She has not slept all night without waking up at least once for weeks! I feel a little guilty that I didn't take it away sooner, but I had no idea that she would do so well.

I also didn't know that once I took away her pacifier, she would grow up so fast (maybe I subconsiously did, and that's why I let her have it so long). Without that thing hanging out of her mouth (she was only supposed to have it at bedtime, but would sneak it throughout the day here and there) she is able to talk more and we understand her a lot better.

When I picked her up from Theresa's the other day, Theresa said that they worked on saying and spelling their names. Sure enough, Ella piped up "Ella...E-L-L-A....Ella" Today when I picked her up she had a paper that had some "A's" she had written herself and Theresa said she stayed dry all day even though I haven't really started potty training- she's been ready for awhile, but I've been too lazy. I guess that's what we'll have to do next. No more baby Ella at the Christensen house. :(

No comments: