It is 2:30 in the morning and I am having to let Ella cry it out in her bed again because she has been up every hour for some reason tonight. Man, she's really working it in there. Anyway, I always welcome the opportunity to have time to work on my blog....... I just wish it wasn' t in the middle of the night as my baby is screaming, literally SCREAMING, in her bed. "AAAAAAAAAAAAA, breathe, breathe, breathe, AAAAAAAAA, breathe breathe", etc.
I thought I would make my post tonight be about how amazed I am at the way Noah treats his little sister. Sure, he has his moments when he acts like a 3 year old and will take a toy or two away from her or get frustrated when she gets in his things, but for the most part he is so sweet and caring and loving toward her. And she, in turn, LOVES her big brother!! She gets so excited when he comes by her and laughs and kicks her feet, and has been that way since she was old enough to know what was going on. She literally follows him around the house like a puppy, and he eats up the attention from her!
Today as I was putting Noah to bed for his nap, we were laying in his bed reading books. Ella was in his room with us in the exersaucer. She was getting fussy and I thought she was hungry, so I put her in the bed with us so she could nurse. That lasted about a second and then she was crawling around on the bed and playing. She was pulling herself up on the railing on his bed and kept scooting closer and closer to the end of it. I was getting up to grab her before she fell, but I was too late and she fell out of his bed. Luckily, as far as I could tell, she wasn't hurt, but I was pretty shook up. Noah was just as upset as I was! The look on his face was sheer panic. I think it's so sweet that he is so protective and caring for her. When I was little, part of me always wanted an older brother (the other part of me liked being the bossy oldest), so I am glad that Ella has a brother who will look out for her.
After naps the kids were playing in the family room while I was trying to clean the floors. I had moved all the kitchen chairs and table into the family room so I could sweep. I had asked Noah to pick up some blocks while I was sweeping. Instead, he and Ella kept getting more out and were both just laughing hysterically. I felt a little annoyed because they were making such a mess and seemed to be laughing at my expense!! But then I thought about how cute it was that they could play and "gang up" on Mommy. It's cute now... but I think I'll have a long road ahead with those two conspiring against me!
It's quiet now- she only cried about 6 minutes- so I'm going back to bed while the getting's good.
No comments:
Post a Comment