We went to the circus last night with Seth's family. Somehow we ended up with front row seats! The kids loved it! Before the show started some clowns walked around and talked to the kids and squeaked and did other clowny stuff. Noah was so excited! He had been asking every day for the past week "how many more days until the circus" the minute he woke up. He liked the tigers and the elephants the best.
While we were driving downtown Noah said from the backseat "I have a feeling we're not on Wirt St. anymore". I cracked up!
Speaking of cracking up.... we went to church on Saturday night and sat by Derek, Michelle, Delaney and Gavin. The kids were all coloring and making each other pictures. Gavin drew a picture for Noah and Noah said (very loudly) "Thank you Gavin, that is very thoughtful". Two seconds later he said "Gavin, you can't color in this book. Only Delaney and I can color it in. Only nice people can use this book". So much for getting along.
When it was time for the offering, Noah went up and put his dollar in the basket that the priest holds up at the front for the kids. By the time he came back, Delaney and Gavin had money that they wanted to take but they weren't sure where to go. I told Noah to show them, so he took off running yelling "come on guys, follow me!!" and they started running after him. He got to the basket and made a circling motion with him arm pointing at the basket. Then they all started running back to our seats, but they couldn't remember where they were. They were all running in different directions and turning around and running into each other and 1/2 the church was laughing at them. I kept myself busy with Ella and acted like I didn't know any of them. Then, when it was time to go up for communion, there was a man in front of us with a cane. Noah asked "is he old?" I said "ssshhhhh". Then Noah asked "is he going to die?" I thought I was going to die of embarrassment!
Ella was not all innocent during the mass either. She had her hand in her mouth at one point and then, before I could stop her, reached out and touched the man (the old one) in front of her and left a big drool spot on his jacket. Then she kept turning around in the pew and blowing raspberries at the people behind us.
When it was over Derek said that we paid too much for our circus tickets... we can just take the kids to church for free!
1 comment:
That is hysterical! Love the "is he going to die?" comment!
Post a Comment