After I had Ella I did Weight Watchers points until Christmas and was able to lose 30 pounds. I was within 5 lbs of my goal, and it was Christmas, so I stopped, thinking I could start again after the new year if I need to. Well, I needed to, but I haven't. I am having a really hard time lately with Seth being gone at work and out of town, it's a lot of effort to get to the gym because I need to get a babysitter, and I try to work out at home after the kids are in bed, but sometimes I'm so exhausted that I just want to sleep, and if it comes down to hopping on the treadmill at 9:30 or going to bed... bed usually wins. I just feel very unmotivated, but when I think about how I want to lose about 10 lbs, I feel a pang of anxiety about it. I feel a little isolated being with the kids 24/7 without a husband much of the time, and with the cold weather, am just feeling a little depressed.
I've been thinking about what will help me feel better. I know that losing 10 lbs isn't going to make me feel automatically happy, but I do think I would feel better knowing that I set a goal and achieved it. I really think it would help for me to join WW and go to meetings and have someone else look at my weight to help keep me motivated. I just don't know how I can get to meetings when I can't even get to the gym.
So..... I've decided I'm going to use my blog as a way to have others see my progress since I know that a handful of my friends and relatives look at it every now and then. I know others don't care, but it will make me feel like I have a little pressure to NOT eat 5 cookies at one time, since the scale will be able to tell if I've done that!
I thought about posting my weight each week, but I don't think I can bring myself to do that! So, I've decided that once a week (Saturday) I will just post my progress (weight lost or gained), and see how that goes.
Okay, go team! Wish me luck!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment