Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Act Now! This unbelievable price won't last long!!!

Okay, so I'm just practicing my marketing and advertising campaigns. This photography business business is a lot of work! Not only am I reponsible for the actual photo taking, I also am required to do my own marketing, advertising, bookkeeping, etc. I guess that's true with any home business. Plus, I sleep in the same bed with a good accountant, so I think I may have some help in that area.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining! I'm actually loving every minute and am so excited with how fast things are moving. I had my first baby shoot last week-end, and it went really well! I have gotten some new potential clients from that and can't believe how much business I have gotten from just word of mouth. I told Seth the other day that this adventure in my life is consuming every moment of my life. I think about pictures, websites, price lists, online viewing galleries, photo shoot locations, ideas for pictures, etc, etc CONSTANTLY! If I spent this much time and energy on my real job, I would be the best darn School Psychologist the world ever knew.

The mom of the baby I just photographed asked if I would eventually do the photography thing full time and quit my "real" job, but I don't think I will. I do love my School Psychology job, especially since it's only 3 days a week. I still have lots of time with my kiddos, and I feel like what I do makes a difference in the world, or at least in some child's life in small town Iowa. Lord knows I'm not in it for the money! I also really enjoy my photography because it is very non-stressful. If I had to rely on it as a source of income, I'm afraid it would not be as enjoyable to me.

In other news, Noah seems to doing much better with the medicine he's currently on. His babysitter even commented today that it must be helping because he is back to being the sweet, loving Noah that we know and love. Which makes me wonder how he was acting at her house before. Hmmmm..

Ella is being her usual sassy, ornery self. Her new obsession is climbing on our kitchen chairs, which would maybe be okay if she was more than a foot and a half tall. She gets her tummy pulled up but then gets stuck with her feet sticking straight out behind her. She gets so mad because she's high-centered on the chair and she starts shrieking and screaming. She eventually gets down because she can't get up, and then she screams at the chair and tries to push it over. She is usually unsuccessful and only ends up pushing the chair across the room. This frustrates her even more, and then she just screams and hits her head on the chair. Then she rubs her head and cries and looks to Mommy to console her, but Mommy is usually too busy trying to hide the fact that she is laughing. Oh, Ella.

2 comments:

Three Girlies said...

Hey - I do copy writing and design for a living, if you need help. Marketing is my life...from 8-5. And you don't have to sleep in the same bed with me. :-) Jen Layne

Unknown said...

I think you could make good money doing photography full-time, but you're right, once it becomes a "job" you might lose some of the enjoyment you get from it! Just look at it this way - its a fun hobby where you actually make money, unlike most hobbies, which are usually major drains on the wallet.