Friday, October 10, 2008

Busted!!

Last night I was gone for my book club, so Seth had to put both of the kids to bed, usually he puts Noah to bed while I put Ella down. When I got home he informed me that I have the "easy job" by getting to put Ella to bed. He's totally right, but I was trying to keep that on the down low.....

Noah's bedtime routine is as follows: snack, bath, brush teeth, potty, pajamas, pick out three books to read (since he's into non-fiction dinosaur books, most of them are way above my reading level), read the books, then he has to be told a story, and then given a drink.... with ice. Don't ask me how this whole routine got so out of control, but the entire process takes at least an hour.

Ella's bedtime routine is as follows: bath, brush teeth, pajamas, one book (usually 5 pages or less, with one or two words on each page, much more at my reading level), nurse for 2 minutes, give pacifier, lay down in crib. Entire process takes 15 minutes tops.

I know that it has been way past time to wean Ella from nursing, but the easiest way to do that would have been to have Seth put her to bed and me put Noah to bed, and I was just way to happy and content with the arrangement we had going. Putting Ella to bed was so easy, sweet, and relaxing. Putting Noah to bed is a challenge and is tiring. Not too difficult a choice to make!!!

But, sadly, the gig is up. I've been found out. I guess it's time to trade for awhile so that I'm not still nursing a 3 year old before I know it. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I dislike putting Noah to bed, it's just much more work. By 8:30 at night I am just about all worked out. So, I suppose I'll have to refresh a little on my dinosaur pronunciations.......

No comments: