Today was a fun day. Seth had to work, so the kids and I spent the morning at the zoo. The weather today was PERFECT! We had a picnic and went on the carousel and fed the fish and truly just enjoyed each others' company. We saw a payphone at the zoo and Noah said "what in the world is that thing?" I explained what it was and he wondered why someone would need that and not just use their cell phones. I explained that some people may not have a cell phone or may not have one with them. He then asked how cell phones were invented and I said I had no idea. To which he replied "when we get home we should Google it!".
After naps we played outside and Noah invited some neighbors over to play. I ended up playing dodgeball with them all. There was something strangely satisfying about hurling soft, rubber balls at three 5 year old boys. When Seth came home he asked Noah if he wanted to go fishing, but Noah wanted to play in the backyard some more. After dinner we went back outside and the neighbors came over again and Seth joined in our game. I was a little nervous that he was going to get hit in the face with the ball and hurt his stitches, but all was well. It was so fun just to laugh and play with the kids and enjoy the beautiful weather.
Ella had fun too. At one point she was laughing so hard that she snorted and then laughed even harder and said "Ella's nose is FUNNY!"
No comments:
Post a Comment