Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Hearing Results




Noah had his hearing testing today through OPS. Everything came out normal, and there is no sign of hearing loss. I am so relieved! I was thinking a lot of his hearing "issues" were more like selective hearing and 4 year old behavior, but I couldn't be sure. Now I'm sure.


It was a very fun, sweet day with Noah today. I took Ella to her babysitter so that I could go with Noah on his preschool field trip to Wenninghoff's Farm, which is just a family's farm with a little pumpkin patch, some farm animals, etc. We got to paint pumpkins, go on a hayrack ride, and they had some activities set up for the kids, like racing with eggs on spoons and pushing apples through water with a spoon. Noah's favorite was the activity that involved eating a powdered sugar doughnut on a string without touching it.

After the field trip Noah and I came home and had lunch before we went to his hearing appointment. As we were walking into the building for his appointment, I could tell he was nervous and he said his stomach hurt. I asked if it was because he was nervous about his appointment and he said "maybe a little bit." I told him not to be nervous and that it would be fun.
He was so cute during the testing. He was so serious, but he did a great job. The testing itself was pretty fun for him. He had to push a button when he heard different tones, and the button made different pictures come up on the computer. After he was finished I said "See? Wasn't that fun?" and he replied that it was "funner than fun!" I don't think he'll be saying that after we see the Allergist for the allergy testing on Monday. I'm just so relieved to know that his hearing is okay.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you keep up to date on your blog! It's very good entertainment for me! :) I've always been intimidated by hearing tests, so I'm glad Noah thought it was fun. They say my hearing is normal, but the sounds they play are so quiet that I never know which button to touch!! And good job on your 5k!

Susanna

Unknown said...

Glad that his hearing is okay!