Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Annual Christmas Injury


Two years ago on Christmas Eve I was attempting to slice a bagel with a serrated knive and I sliced my finger instead and ended up missing church to get stitches in the ER.

This morning I was carrying Ella around the house as I was looking for her socks and I ran into Seth's workout bench and broke my dang toe!!! The toenail is hanging on by a thread and it hurts to high heaven.

I have been known to pass out when I'm in serious pain, and I started seeing white spots and getting really dizzy. I gave Noah a quick lesson on how to use my cell phone to call daddy if mommy should happen to fall down and wet her pants (which I ALWAYS do when I pass out). FUN TIMES!!!

Luckily, I was able to sit and rest and didn't pass out (although I scared Noah half to death). He ran upstairs and brought me one of his special Batman band-aids because my nail was bleeding profusely. Anyway, it really hurt, still does, and I just feel like whining. But.... it could have been much, much worse. I have to stop and give thanks for all the blessings in our life, of which there are many. I wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OUCH!!! Hope you are doing better, have a wonderful Christmas!