Hard to believe another Christmas has come and gone. I love Christmas.... I love the anticipation, the preparation, but then it seems to come and go so quickly. And, as anyone with small children knows, sometimes Christmas can be just a little too overwhelming with messed up schedules and too much excitement. But, all in all, we had a fun holiday.
Noah was very funny on Christmas morning (at the crack of 6:45..... groan..) He went downstairs to see what Santa had brought and found Biscuit, the Fur Real puppy that makes noises and moves. He didn't know that it made noises and moved, and went over to it to check it out and it barked and wagged its tail, and Noah screamed and jumped back about 4 feet. He did end up loving all of his toys, he got a million more dinosaurs, a couple movies, some art supplies, and various other toys and gadgets.
Ella was woken up way too early by the screams of excitement (or terror) over Biscuit, so she was a crabby pants opening her gifts from Santa. She was down for a nap by 8:30 am. Her big item this year is her very own beauty salon that she has set up in her room and LOVES. It has a swiveling chair she can sit on and a lot of little "accessories" that she can play with. She is very much a girlie girl, so it was right up her alley.
After opening the gifts from Santa, we went to my parents' house and had ham for lunch and played games and opened more gifts. I love that each year my parents make something for the kids for Christmas. Those gifts are so much more precious than anything anyone could possibly buy in a store. I know that Noah and Ella will cherish the things that Grandpa Tim and Grandma Mary made for them, just like I cherish the homemade ornaments that my grandma made for me through the years. This year my dad made a step stool for Ella that has her name on it out of beautiful wood, and a shelf for Noah that has his name cut out of the bottom. I will have to post pictures on here of them, they are so awesome. My mom made sweaters for the kids, Noah's is the burgundy one in the photo above, and Ella's is a short sleeve white sweater with pink trim and a pink turtleneck underneath. It's too cute for me to let her wear it!!
Later that day we went to Seth's parents for his mom's delicious turkey dinner. Noah had fun playing with his cousins, but Ella was done dealing. The poor thing goes to bed by 6:30 or 7:00, so Christmas just wore her out. We attempted to take turns opening gifts so that we could see what everyone had, but with four kids, that was way too hard. Actually, I think it was only hard for my kids, but by that time of a very long day, I wasn't about to force them to wait. Both kids enjoyed the gifts from Grandpa Donnie and Grandma Jolene and Uncle Derek and Aunt Michelle.
All in all, it was a fun, chaotic, memorable, whirlwind of a holiday. I'm just glad I have 364 days to rest and recover before we do it again.
No comments:
Post a Comment