Ella has had a cold since right before Christmas. She's finally on the mend, but she was pretty sick and miserable for awhile. She was waking up at night and wanting a bottle. I know she doesn't need a bottle of formula at 19 months, but she wasn't eating much at all during the day, and I figured it wouldn't hurt her to have a little extra sustenance. Consequently, she got into a pretty bad habit and started waking up every night at least once and asking for a "bah-oh".
Seth and I discussed it yesterday and decided that we should not get up with her in the night and just let her cry it out. Seth went to bed around 12:00 and I was working on some pictures until about 1:00 am. I crawled into bed exhaused, shut my eyes, and Ella started to fuss. She wasn't exactly crying, but she fussed for about 45 minutes and then did really start crying.
At that point I turned to Seth and shook him awake (seriously, how does he sleep through that?) and our conversation went like this:
Me: Seth, what should we do about Ella?
Seth: Oh, is she doing that one thing again?
Me: What one thing?
Seth: Crying
Me: Um, yeah, she's doing that one thing again
Seth: LET'S GIVE HER A BOTTLE!!! (said very excitedly)
Me: What??
Seth: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Disgusted, I went to see if I could get her back to sleep without a bottle and discovered that she had wet through her diaper and had proceeded to take off her sleep sack and pajamas, and was working on her diaper. Presumably, she started crying harder because she was frustrated with not being able to get it off.
So, I changed her and dressed her and covered her up and she slept soundly the rest of the night. As did Seth. When I asked him what the heck he was thinking in the morning, he said he did not remember any of that conversation and that he had taken NyQuil before he went to bed and didn't hear a peep. Hmmm..... perhaps I should get me some NyQuil?
1 comment:
That is hysterical! I should get some Ny-quil too...
Post a Comment