Noah had his first ice skating lesson tonight. Can I just say that it is inhumane to allow mothers to sit on bleachers and watch their babies fall on the ice- HARD- 37 million times in one hour??? It was awful!! Noah wore his bike helmet- thank goodness- since he didn't have a hockey helmet. He also had on knee pads under his pants and elbow pads, but he always fell backwards- either hard on his bottom, or harder on the back of his head. I was a wreck!! One of the dads watching even noticed Noah's spills and said "that poor kid- good thing he has a helmet".
So what did Noah think of the whole experience?? He LOVED it, of course! He didn't love the falling part, but it was apparently much harder on Seth and I then it was on him. He did start to get the hang of it and by the end was falling much less, and was even doing little turns. We only paid for one session, instead of all 8, because we wanted to make sure he liked it. He likes it! He wants to go back next week. What a trooper!
I don't know if mommy can handle it, though.
No comments:
Post a Comment