
It got up to 40 degrees today, and it felt like a heat wave! The weather has been crazy, as everyone knows- so I won't say any more about it, other than we were so excited to get outside today. Seth had to work (tax season has officially begun), but he was home by 2:00 so we took the kiddos to the zoo.
I wanted to go because I just started a photography class. The first assignment involved shooting something colorful outside. I was not feeling very imaginative, so we headed to the butterfly pavillion and Noah and I looked for "colorful" butterflies and Seth chased Ella around and tried to prevent her from falling in water. The butterflies were crazy active today. We all just about got dive bombed more than once. Anyway, I got my assignment completed (this photo is not for my assignment, I was just messing around w/ some editing), the kids got some fresh air and exercise, and we got out of the house! It was a fun day.
Seth and I both woke up feeling horribly sore- our backs hurt, our shoulders hurt, we had headaches. At first I thought I had slept wrong, but then he said he felt the same, and it was so strange that we would both feel that way. I, being the paranoid, overanxious, overdramatic ball of fun that I am of course assumed that we both had meningitis and were going to die. After some consideration, we decided that we must have been so tense watching Noah's skating lessons last night that we consequently feel like we fell off a building. The kiddo who actually DID fall- about 68 trillion times- on ice, mind you- was not sore at all. I wish I could always have the hurt and illness instead of my kids, but unfortunately it doesn't usually work that way.
1 comment:
When I started reading your post and got to the part with your symptoms, my first thought was "Oh my god they both have meningitis!" Ah, us over-anxious types sure do think alike!
That is so funny about Noah's ice skating - I cannot even imagine Henry out on the ice, there is no way I would even be able to watch!
Post a Comment