Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Jinxing myself

Seth and I were just talking about how good Noah's been lately. He is polite, funny, pleasant to be around, obedient, sweet to Ella, sleeping well- who IS this kid??? We both know that it's because he's finally healthy for once. PLEASE don't let me jinx myself!! He had infection after infection and bronchitis twice beginning around Thanksgiving, so shortly before Christmas he was put on a double dose of a strong antibiotic, and it seems to have done the trick. Thank Goodness!!!! Usually, the only way we can tell if Noah is getting sick is because he starts acting naughty. It's embarrassing to call the doctor and when asked why I'm making an appointment I say because he's getting a sinus infection and they ask for his symptoms and I say he's misbehaving, but it's so true, and I'm always right. Us mothers do know these things.

Ella's language exploded over the week-end. She all of a sudden started putting multiple words together like "more please mommy", which is actually "mo peace mama" and now likes to say "mm-hmm" in additon to her ever present "yeah", and has really gotten the concept of "no" down as well. In addition to her increase in vocabulary came an exponential increase in attitude. She threw a huge fit the other day as I was trying to put on her super cute new snow boots. I finally asked "what do you want?" and she said "cocks". I said "you want to wear your crocs??" "MMMMMM-HMMMMM". And, she insists on calling me mama, even though she can say mommy. I'm okay with mama, but when she is upset or is wanting something, then she yells "MAAAA" and I feel like we are in "Little House on the Prairie".

I am still super excited about my website, and still super shocked that I was able to do it. Seriously. It was hard. I also got my contact form to work, so if anyone reading this looks at my website- feel free to leave me a note, it's fun to see who visited.

No comments: