Sunday, February 22, 2009

Busy Week-end

We had a fun, busy, and exhausting week-end. Well, the kids and I did. That guy that comes home every now and then to shower, leave dirty laundry, and maybe sleep a few hours here and there worked all week-end. Poor Seth.

Noah had his last ice skating lesson on Friday night and Grandpa Donnie and Grandma Jolene came to watch. They were impressed by his turns- which he calls his "super spins". On Saturday afternoon, my mom came over to watch Ella so that Noah and I could go during public skating time. We had a fun time, but I discovered that the pair of ice skates that I've had for about 18 years now no longer fit like they once did. I think my feet got fatter after having babies.

Today I took the kids swimming at Montclair. Talk about exhausting!! Ella has absolutely no fear in the water and kept wanting me to let go of her. Little Miss Independent didn't realize that she couldn't touch the bottom, and, oh yeah, she can't swim. It was fun, though, and a great workout for mommy- my biceps and legs are going to be sore tomorrow from holding her up and doing a continuous squat in the water. If I ever tried to stand up straight, I either had to bend over to hold her in the water, which hurt my back, or listen to her scream about how she wanted down. I couldn't go where the water was deeper, though, because I had to stay in the shallow to watch Noah.

The hardest part was trying to get ready to go home. Ella cried and cried and said "NO!! NO BYE-BYE! NO MOMMY! NO BYE-BYE, SWIM! ELLA SWIM!!" etc.... I managed to get her dressed and help Noah get dressed, but then as I was trying to get dressed she (still screaming) took off all her clothes and threw her diaper in the trash. Of course, I had only brought one, so I dug it out of the trash (I don't even want to think about how unsanitary that is), put her clothes back on her, and the little stinker took them off again!! We finally managed to get out and get home and Noah conked out as soon as we got home. Swimming wore him out. I hear that, buddy!

I also joined Facebook this week-end. I have so much extra time that I thought I should probably spend it on the computer. Right. I don't know what I was thinking because it's horribly addicting, but I found out that two of my friends were on and I didn't want to be left out (thanks a lot Molly and Leslie!). If you're on Facebook- look me up!! ☺

No comments: