Thursday, February 5, 2009

Oh, For the Love........

I hate to be sounding so negative lately, but, seriously, I need to just go back to bed and wake up in March. February is not going well at all. It started with a literal bang when I had the whole stomach virus/ passing out/ face bruising/ neck hurting incident.

On Tuesday I was feeling well enough to go to the gym, so I went to my boot camp class where we were doing relays with partners. My partner and I were in the lead- ahead of the other 20 or so pairs of people. We had to do various things across the room and back, like sprinting, lunges, running with heavy weights, etc. We were on our last leg and had to do grapevines down and back (running sideways putting one foot in front of and then behind the other). I was on my very last step and my ankle rolled in half sideways. I would have fallen, but I caught myself on the mirror. If I had been smart, I would have left the class and let my ankle rest. But, we all know, that I am super competitive, and not very smart- so I finished out the class. And um..... ow. So, now my ankle is in serious pain, and every step I take makes me grimace, which then hurts my bruised cheekbone from the aforementioned passing out debacle.

Today, I am home sick from work with some sort of upper respiratory crap, and I just want to feel better! Or, at least not like a walking disaster- or should I say limping disaster?

Anyway, for some good news- I had a fun photo shoot yesterday with a friend from book club and her little cutie patootie who is 5 months old. He is so sweet, it was so fun, and I so want to have another baby.

I think it would be a good idea to not plan on that in February, however.

No comments: