I've been whining and moaning lately about how hard it is to be a "single parent" during tax season, but I've decided to get my act together and be grateful for what I have and quit feeling sorry for myself.
I am not a single parent. I have a loving, supportive, wonderful husband who works HARD for our family. Do I wish he were home more? Yes, of course. But I am proud of him for being dedicated to his family and working so hard for us. My friend Leslie helped me put it in perspective when she mentioned her husband being gone during hunting season, and that, at least tax season is a job and not a choice to be gone from the family. I starting thinking about all the other things Seth could be doing- drinking, gambling, having affairs, watching South Park- and I realized that I cannot be upset with him for working a lot a few months out of the year.
I've been a little stressed out lately about the kids. Ella has always been such a good sleeper, but lately she's been going through this clingy, whiny, separation anxiety phase, and has been throwing big fits at bedtime. Screaming "mommy no bye-bye, mommy hold you, no bye-bye". I was telling her babysitter, Lisa, about my frustration with this, and she reminded me that there are worse things than my baby wanting to be held and I realized that I should just enjoy it and give her snuggles because the time will come all too soon when she wants nothing to do with me.
Speaking of her babysitter, I feel so blessed to have found her!!!! Last night I got stuck in a very stressful meeting until 5:30 and didn't get home until 6:30. Seth was out of town and so I called to say I would be late picking up the kids. Lisa was so understanding and even called me back to see if the kiddos could eat dinner with her family. She treats our kids like part of their family and is always helpful and understanding. I don't know what we'd do without her. I can't imagine she has time to read my blog, but if you do- we love you Lisa!
I need to quit thinking about what I don't have and be appreciative for all that I do, because we have a lot. Most importantly we have family and friends who are helpful and supportive, and I need to remember that and be thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment